This class runs for 6 weeks and is held on a Sunday afternoon. Ideally you will have completed the puppy class but this is not essential. All vaccinations must be up to date. The class is for young dogs from the age of 6 months – 1 year. Adolescence can be a difficult and frustrating stage for all. Understanding what motivates and drives your dog at this crucial stage is vital to the adult dog they are becoming. Training will play a huge part in helping them through this difficult time.
We will work on
- Engagement and focus games for you and your dog to have fun together and strengthen your bond and relationship
- Impulse control by working on areas such as door safety and waiting to get in and out of the car
- Adding duration and distance to the 3 basic positions of sit, down, stand, introducing hand signals
- The heel position to make walking your dog a more pleasurable experience , this gives you the skill you need to ask your dog to be closer to you when required
- The leave it cue, asking your dog to leave items such as food and toys for that little bit longer and teaching a send away for them to get the goodies as a reward
- Building a history of calm on their mat/bed, working on them being able to stay in position for longer in a distracting environment. The history that is built can be beneficial when you want to take you dogs to places like the pub , restaurants and visiting family and friends
- Adding distance to recall and asking a bit more with walking nicely on the lead, in an environment that is more distracting
We will have fun by having play sessions at the end of each class and learning some cool tricks This course is supported via a private whatsapp group with videos of step by step instruction of what you will learn in class, this will also allow you to ask any question you may haves or raise any concerns and have the opportunity to talk to people who are going through the same issues as you may be experiencing
No reviews were found.